Saturday 13 March 2010

What to say? I'm starting a blog. It's really about wanting to remember what happened between here:
















and then just 20 months later,, 20 long months that somehow, though each evening the 2 hrs from 5:30 to 7:30 last forever, seemed to zip by in the time it took me to publish, well, really not very many papers actually ... a kid who makes this, all by herself, and then shouts: "Look! TOWER! MUMMY! LOOK! Careful, guy!":














I guess I want to make a record of what might seem mundane now, but will disappear all too fast. Everyone told me to "enjoy her", back when she was 3 weeks old, and I did, I really did. But ... she wanted to breastfeed for hours and hours. Her record was a 10-hr session once, with only 5-10 min breaks, swapping from side to side. My colleague and friend was visiting and we sat in my living room, all afternoon and all evening. It lasted forever. Now it's gone and it seems like it lasted only a few seconds. I know, this isn't breaking news.

But I forget things, things that at the time, I suspected I might forget, but somehow I convinced myself that I'd always remember. Or at least, I figured I could dig them out of my gmail with carefully constructed searches, like reconstructing my child's scrapbook 20 years from now.

1 comment:

amps said...

ah, she is SUPER cute!