Wednesday 5 May 2010

Baby barista

Payeh the penguin isn't obsolete after all! But he's not an essential part of every outing, an essential part of every bedtime ... sometimes he takes a turn on the slide, in his little pink stroller. I guess sometimes he's still a comfort.

A mini-barista. Train 'em young, I say. Or at least, entertain 'em so I can have my coffee already.

Baby "chuni"!


But by the end of the day things were looking rougher. Bath time.


Nina's got "I" and "my" confused, which we have finally noticed. I feel a bit bad now: a few times, as she climbed up to a slide on the playground, where there were a number of other toddlers, and loudly proclaimed "MY slide", I corrected her and explained that this was a shared slide for all the kids. What she meant, we now know, is that SHE would like to slide too. So we're trying to teach her the difference, and sometimes she gets it. I get such a kick out of her language, both how it's developing and how it's still not quite there. For example: 
A: Nina, can you say "I brush my teeth"? 
N: "My brush a teeth, My brush my teeth, Nina brush Nina teeth. Mummy brusha teeth! Mummy turn!" 
A: Nina, can you say "I walk to the kitchen"?
N: "My walk a chicken!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Caroline thanks for your comment! Very cute pictures- I like that penguin! -also the kid is pretty cute :) 'My walk a chicken' is funny. my friends are teaching their baby sign language, and he has similar mix ups, i think they mentioned confusion between 'milk' and 'worm' or something.